About Experian's Affordability Passport
Who are Experian?
We’re Experian Limited, a company registered in England and Wales at Companies House with company number 00653331. Our registered office is at The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park, Nottingham NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom.
We’re authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) as an Account Information Service Provider and as a Credit Information Services Provider, with reference number 738097.
What is an Affordability Passport?
The Affordability Passport (“Passport”) allows you to share information with a provider of a product or service, which you are applying for, or advice which you are seeking (“Product Provider”). The passport allows you to share, some or all, of the information listed below:
- If your Product Provider has asked you to provide proof of your income and spend, we will guide you through the process to share your bank account information using Open Banking, and provide you with a breakdown of your income and expenditure, using our easy to understand categories.
- If your Product Provider has asked for a copy of your credit report, we will retrieve this on your behalf, and present this back to you.
- If your Product Provider has asked you to share your Identity Document, we will guide you through the process of providing this information, along with a taking a selfie.
- Once you have completed the Passport, we will share this with your Product Provider once you have provided your confirmation.
How will it help me?
You will receive insights into your financial activity, and it will help your provider offer the products and services, that you have requested, by sharing your information in a safe, secure, and convenient way.
Will my provider be able to see my passport?
Your provider can only view your passport once you have checked your details, and you have consented to share this with them – keeping you in control.
What will I need?
Depending on the information required by your product provider than you may need the following details:
- Where you have been asked to provide proof of your income and spend, you will need your bank log in credentials, for either your internet or mobile banking.
- Where you have been asked to provide your Identity Documents, you will need one of the following documents: your driving licence, or passport or a government issued identity card.
Is it safe?
At Experian, keeping your data safe is our number one priority. Our services use bank-level security and 256-bit encryption. Our data centres are in the UK, we will not store or transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and we will never share your information with any other third-party.